Independent, business-owning millennials have sidestepped traditional career paths and have become a significant force in the small-business milieu. In spite of the recession-wounded economy and striking levels of student debt, they’re building companies and saying some potentially surprising things about the process.
Read more on how millennials feel about their business prospects on OPEN Forum.
1. Not keeping an eye on cash flow.
2. Investing too much in product or infrastructure ahead of sales.
3. Appearing too successful.
4. Over promising and under delivering.
5. Not paying payroll or other business taxes when they are due.
Read five more ways you could be endangering your company’s finances on OPEN Forum.
Forty thousand small businesses file for bankruptcy every year. Don’t become one of them. Follow these steps to mitigate the risks and keep your business’s finances healthy.
Read more on how to live debt-free on OPEN Forum