Brands often look for absolutes on social media—i.e., customers either love them or hate them. Don’t fall into the sentiment trap and look only at compliments or complaints; mine the entire conversations for trends. Are there hidden messages that might not even be directed at your brand that can tell you a lot about underlying consumer wants and needs? Sometimes there is a larger story in what customers are implicitly saying.
Brands are generating a lot of buzz by engaging with consumers on Pinterest; it’s no longer a social media site limited to user-generated content.
Are you surprised that the most popular branded boards involve cute animals, DIY projects and food photos? Neither were we.
Checkout the most popular branded boards on Pinterest from Unmetric:
Most Popular Boards by Followers
1. L.L. Bean – Woodland Creatures: 4,689,706
2. Jetsetter – Daily Moment of Zen: 4,353,320
3. Nordstrom – Garden Wedding Ideas: 4,199,549
4. Everyday Health – Joy Bauer: 3,761,427
5. Lowes – Build It!: 3,549,154
Boards With the Most Likes
1. Swarovski – Wedded Bliss: 160,120
2. Better Homes and Gardens – Blogger Recipes We Love: 131,326
3. Better Homes and Gardens – Blogger Faves From BHG.com: 84,767
4. Nordstrom – Garden Wedding Ideas: 84,565
5. L.L. Bean – Woodland Creatures: 64,273
Boards With the Most Repins
1. Better Homes and Gardens – Blogger Recipes We Love: 1,021,643
2. Better Homes and Gardens – Blogger Faves From BHG.com: 444,215
3. Real Simple – Real Simple Finds: Recipes to Try: 289,908
4. Swarovski – Wedded Bliss: 253,296
5. Etsy – Yum! Recipes to Share: 249,195