The Number-One Secret for Social Media Success by Dave Kerpen for OPEN Forum
For many business owners, the temptation is to use social networks to promote themselves and broadcast their messages. But if you stop thinking like a marketer and start thinking like a customer, you’ll understand that the secret to social media is in the “social” more than in the “media”—it’s in being human. That is, it’s in being the sort of person at a cocktail party who listens attentively, tells great stories, shows interest in others, and is authentic and honest. The secret is to simply be likeable.
Here are five ways business owners can be more likeable and ensure greater success using social media:
1. Listen first - and never stop listening.
2. Start with one social network.
3. Don’t tell your customers to like you and follow you, tell them why and how they should.
4. Share pictures and videos.
5. Spend at least 30 minutes a day on social media.
Read more on OPEN Forum
(via The Number-One Secret for Social Media Success | | The New OPEN ForumThe New OPEN Forum)